Job Posting: FY21-10
Concurrent Real-Time, Inc. currently has an opening for a Full-Time Hardware Engineer for the FPGA Workbench Team in our Pompano Beach office.
Concurrent Real-Time, Inc.
Pompano Beach, FL
Position Summary: The candidate must have a BSEE or MSEE with a strong FPGA, signal pro ding, and developing cutting edge FPGA algorithms for custom hardware applications. The candidate must be able to research initial concepts and innovate them into mathematical models and implement and test them on our FPGAs.
Candidate will have strong RTL coding skills and some knowledge of FPGA architecture: DMA, Memory, RAM/ROM, PLLs, CORDICs, and some knowledge of low-level communication protocols: SPI, I2C, UART, etc.
Candidate will be working on a small team developing FPGA algorithms and working directly with a software engineer to control/integrate the algorithm into our systems.
- Responsible for all phases of research, design, implementation, testing, and integration of signal processing FPGA applications.
- FPGA algorithm coding in Verilog (VHDL)
- FPGA development flow: RTL generation, RTL test bench generation and simulation (ModelSim), RTL Verification, Documentation
- FPGA post development flow: synthesis, place and route and timing closures on our Intel based FPGA boards
- Debugging and improving our current product FPGA architecture and IP modules.
- Working closely with other FPGA, hardware and software developers integrating new FPGA IP modules into our Intel Altera based FPGA architecture with hands-on role in product integration, testing, and debugging using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers.
- Involved in customer interaction such as requirements, support, and demonstrations of our FPGA modules.
- Involvement with the systems engineering development flow: research, specification, floating and fixed-point algorithm development, validation, Hardware specification.
- Contribute to improving the technical knowledge base and effectiveness of other engineers.
- Interface with co-workers and staff from other departments and ensures positive working relationship.
- Impart technical expertise within department, and to customers, users’ groups.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with specialization in FPGA developmen
- Sitting for long periods.
- Some standing and walking required.
- Must be able to carry and/ or lift up to 10 pounds.
Salary: Based on experience and education.
We are not looking to sponsor anyone for this position. Applicant must be able to pass a drug screening and background check.