Job Posting: FY21-7
Concurrent Real-Time, Inc. currently has an opening for a Full-Time Software Engineer for the OS Team, in our Pompano Beach office. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, who wants to challenge themselves, and be a part of a diverse team for a company that is growing every day. We are not looking to sponsor anyone for this position.
Concurrent Real-Time, Inc.
Pompano Beach, FL
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for executing or independently achieving project objectives by performing a variety of very complex engineering and process tasks which require in-depth and diversified technical knowledge. Duties may pertain to product design and or development, manufacturing, product quality/test, system compatibility and sales/marketing support. The design/development or process design requirement activity is at a level where no previous practice may exist and where only the general nature of the problem is known.
- Primary focus is developing, enhancing and supporting various OS Team products including RedHawk Linux, RedHawk Architect and RedHawk KVM-RT, utilizing both Intel/AMD and ARM architectures.
- Secondary focus is interfacing with and supporting the Manufacturing Team with various RedHawk problems as they are reported to Development.
- Assess and determine areas of current engineering emphasis in order to focus attention on maximum utilization of engineering capabilities.
- Translate future product needs into engineering feasibility and be aware of product and project issues across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Consider all systems level aspects of products in accomplishing the most complex conceptual and innovative design projects.
- Develop understanding of department’s identity and efforts, and the corporate role.
- Employ all required section equipment, tools, and methods.
- Contribute to improving the technical knowledge base and effectiveness of other engineers.
- Interface with co-workers and staff from other departments and ensure positive working relationship.
- Impart technical expertise within department, and to customers, users’ groups.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering.
- Linux user-level experience, including commands and scripting.
- Exposure to operating systems, C/C++ programming and Python development.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to touch type strongly preferred.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Some standing and walking required.
- Must be able to carry and/or lift up to 34 pounds occasionally.
Salary: Based on experience and education.