Job Posting: FY21-9
Concurrent Real-Time, Inc. currently has an opening for a Full-Time Software Engineer for the OS Team in our Pompano Beach office (not remote). We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and wants to challenge themselves, and be a part of a diverse team for a company that is growing every day. Please note that we are not looking to sponsor anyone for this position.
Concurrent Real-Time, Inc.
Pompano Beach, FL
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for executing or independently achieving project objectives by performing a variety of very complex engineering and process tasks which require in-depth and diversified technical knowledge. Duties may pertain to product design and or development, manufacturing, product quality/test, system compatibility and sales/marketing support. The design/development or process design requirement activity is at a level where no previous practice may exist and where only the general nature of the problem is known.
- Primary focus is developing and supporting RedHawk on NVIDIA’s ARM-based platforms.
- Secondary focus is developing and supporting NVIDIA drivers to Intel-based RedHawk releases.
- Interface with and support the Manufacturing Team with various RedHawk problems as they are reported to Development.
- Assess and determine areas of current engineering emphasis in order to focus attention on maximum utilization of engineering capabilities.
- Translate future product needs into engineering feasibility and be aware of product and project issues across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Consider all systems level aspects of products in accomplishing the most complex conceptual and innovative design projects.
- Develop understanding of department’s identity and efforts, and the corporate role.
- Employ all required section equipment, tools, and methods.
- Contribute to improving the technical knowledge base and effectiveness of other engineers.
- Interface with co-workers and staff from other departments and ensure positive working relationship.
- Impart technical expertise within department, and to customers, users’ groups.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering.
- Linux user-level experience, including commands and scripting.
- Linux kernel experience, including building and modifying kernel config files.
- Exposure to operating systems, C/C++ programming and Python development.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to touch type strongly preferred.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Some standing and walking required.
- Must be able to carry and/or lift up to 34 pounds occasionally.
Salary: Based on experience and education.