As an Application Engineer, you will drive design wins for Concurrent Real-Time’s product suite, identify opportunities, support customer evaluations and resolve any product issues that may arise in the customer’s system. The ideal candidate will work closely with the sales team in a pre-sales environment and with the technical support and development teams providing post-sales support to the customer.
- Works closely with customers to determine technical requirements, feasibility and expectations.
- Works closely with the sales team as a subject matter expert in real-time systems guiding customers to the ideal solution.
- Provide sales call support, technical leadership in customer meetings including preparing technical supporting materials; presenting and explaining product capabilities, features and benefits; demonstrating products, and developing solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Support customer technology evaluations including lab trials and proof of concepts.
- Serves as a customer advocate. Communicates possible process improvements and products based on customer input and requirements.
- Works closely with development to provide customer insights and drive the R&D direction.
- Continually maintain and improve technical skills required for the position by participating in a variety of training programs and seminars.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
- Preferred 3 years or more experience in Linux, Real-time systems, software development tools, C or C++ programming, RTOS for Embedded Systems, Automotive or Aerospace HWIL, and simulation/modeling concepts.
- Preferred 2+ years in a customer facing position.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally
- Ability to travel to customer meetings and events with little notice.
- May travel occasionally
Based on experience and education.