The Field Application Engineer provides comprehensive technical support for customers and sales personnel in a pre-sales and post-sales environment; key technical interface between the Company and its customers; works closely with and supports sales personnel. We are looking for someone who has existing knowledge in the Automotive, Aerospace, and Defense sectors. The ideal candidate would also have knowledge of the real-time market space.
- Works closely with sales personnel, with the Regional Sales Manager in order to drive revenue growth.
- Works closely with customers to determine technical requirements, feasibility and expectations.
- Provide sales call support, technical leadership in customer meetings including preparing technical supporting materials; presenting and explaining product capabilities, features and benefits; demonstrating products, and developing solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Subject matter expert in Concurrent products and solutions including hands-on experience to be credible in guiding customers to the ideal solution.
- Support customer technology evaluations including lab trials and proof of concepts.
- Serves as a customer advocate. Communicates possible process improvements and products based on customer input and requirements.
- Supports proposal efforts, defines systems configurations, RIQ requirements, assisting with PCQ requirements, and performing or arranging for the performance of benchmarks.
- Continually maintain and improve technical skills required for the position by participating in a variety of training programs and seminars.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
- Travel is required to both customers, potential customers and trade shows.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
- 3 years or more experience in Linux, Real-time systems, software development tools, C or C++ programming, RTOS for Embedded Systems, Automotive or Aerospace HWIL, and simulation/modeling concepts.
- 2+ years in a customer facing position.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Ability to travel to customer meetings and events with little notice.
- Travel may be 50% of the time.
Based on experience and education.