Responsible for performing rework and repair of Printed Circuit boards per IPC 610 Class II standards. Must have soldering skills to handle fine pitch parts. In addition, job requires ability to build custom cables requiring additional soldering skills. Also must be able to use tools to cut, strip, crimp and install each pin for these custom cables. Must be able to read cable and board drawings to ensure finished product meets defined specifications.
- Perform all through hole installation and rework required on assemblies per Engineering specifications. Work must conform to IPC 610 Class II standards.
- Perform all surface mount installation to assemblies per Engineering specifications. Work must conform to IPC 610 Class II standards.
- Perform basic fine pitch installation per Engineering specifications. Work must conform to IPC 610 Class II standards.
- Remove and install through hole, surface mount and fine pitch components. Complete solder wiring and etch cutting as required. Work must conform to IPC 610 Class II standards.
- Perform microscope inspection on all PCB’s as required.
- Utilize Engineering drawings to cut, strip, crimp and install cable wires for custom designed cables.
- Utilize MTS database to enter UID’s as required.
- Notify department manager of parts identified for scrap.
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area.
- Maintain required tools and equipment.
- Order necessary solder equipment.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus 2 years of advanced education or specialized training
- Over 1 years, up to and including 3 years of related job experience.
- Must be able to carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Based on experience and education.